The OU College of Law educates and empowers the next great generation of lawyers and leaders by promoting diversity, service and collegiality. For 10 consecutive years, OU Law has ranked as a Top 10 Best Value Law School. To preserve our remarkable legacy of excellence while minimizing costs, we need you, our most visionary leaders. Make an impact for a cause that matters most to you. ONE DAY. ONE OU LAW.
93% of graduates of the OU College of Law are employed within 10 months after graduation. OU Law is recognized as a top International Law Program and is the 2019 Federal Bar Association Moot Court Team National Champion. We have the highest Bar Passage Rate in the State and was named an Apple Distinguished School.
The OU College of Law top initiatives include:
- Dean's Leadership Circle - The Dean’s Leadership Circle provides the dean with discretionary resources to capitalize on exciting opportunities for faculty, students and initiatives that enhance the legal education provided by the OU Law, e.g. fellowships that allow students to work for public interest organizations, innovative programs such as the International Human Rights Clinic and reimburse student competition and travel teams. These programs help strengthen the quality of legal education and allow our students to gain an advantage as they enter the job market.
- Second Century Scholarship Society - The Second Century Scholarship Society provides individual student scholarships in the donor’s name with 100% of the donated funds directly funding the scholarship. This society helps the nearly 75% of OU Law students who obtain loans to pay for their legal education and directly answers the College’s mission to keep tuition affordable.
- Amicus Society - The Amicus Society supports a critical mission at OU Law. This yearly membership organization provides fellowship funding for students who secure public interest positions over the summer. In addition, funds raised through this society allow OU Law to secure distinguished guest lecturers and advance OU Law’s overall mission.
- OU Law Society - The OU Law Society provides resources for OU Law’s general fund, allowing the College to host networking events throughout the year. It also supports scholarships, academic resources and other important law school initiatives. This Society exists to connect alumni and enable younger alumni to begin giving back to their alma mater.
- Monnet Annual Fund - The Monnet Annual Fund ensures that alumni dollars go to OU Law’s most pressing needs and priorities. By supporting the Annual Fund, you help educate the next generation of lawyers and leaders in an intellectually rigorous learning environment that promotes diversity, service and collegiality. Gifts to the Fund provide essential support and enable OU Law to:
- Enhance student activities and support student organizations
- Fund colloquia and seminars for students, faculty and alumni
- Support moot court competition teams
- Enhance the state-of-the-art facilities at OU Law
- Provide faculty support