The Office of Diversity and Inclusion's mission is to enhance OU's commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion, recognize and respect the essential worth of each individual and value differences amongst groups. We commit to building a welcoming and supportive campus environment where each individual feel welcomed, valued, and supported for success. We aspire to be the pacesetter institution in our commitment to building and maintaining a diverse and inclusive community where diversity is embraced, celebrated, and equity and inclusion is weaved into the fabric of our university community.
OU has a culturally diverse student body, representing all 50 states, over 50 tribal affiliations, and over 100 foreign countries, and our Diversity Enrichment Programs continues to strive to make our university as diverse as possible. Scroll below to learn more about the resources available to our diverse student body.
The Office of Diversity and Inclusions top initiatives include:
- Cultivate an inclusive campus climate.
- Improve recruitment, hiring and retention of faculty and staff from historically underrepresented groups.
- Improve recruitment and retention of graduate and undergraduate students from historically underrepresented groups.
- Create an enhanced learning environment based on diversity and inclusion.
- Strengthen institutional infrastructure to achieve diversity goals.